Kitchen remodeling is expensive – according to some estimations based on data provided by homeowners, an average remodeling project can cost over $20,000 and a complete upgrade to a luxury kitchen can easily cost over $30,000. However, there are many remodeling phases where you can save money – here are a few tips to keep remodeling costs to the minimum:
- Plan ahead and be critical – take a close look at your kitchen and evaluate it from the point of view of what really needs to go and what can stay. Don’t replace anything that is still in good condition – a little retouching can work wonders with cabinets and floors;
- Do as much as you can yourself – there are many ways that you can contribute to your kitchen remodel without having to pay others. Painting, cabinet door resurfacing and replacing cabinet hardware are all easy to do and don’t require any special skills or knowledge;
- Visit discount remodeling centers such as the one found here http://buyandbuild.net/ for amazing high quality and pricing.
- Consider buying used furniture – second-hand cabinets are often as good as new, but they come with very affordable price tags, leaving plenty of money in your budget for other features;
- Use light fixtures smartly – a clever lighting design can make sure that you have plenty of light in the kitchen without having to use too many fixtures. Spot lights or affordable LED strings underneath wall-mounted cabinets and pendant lights matching the kitchen design over the countertop is all you need.